-
April 6th, 2001, 04:28 PM
#11
Inactive Member
15 Rolls of K40--150
Processing--75
60 Min BetaSP Tape--30
15 Min VHS for TC Simuldub--1
15 Min VHS for final cut--1
MiniDisc for audio--2
60 Min RANK Xfer--200
Beaulieu 4008--400(If I am Lucky)
NLE Editing system for Sound and Pic--0
All Crew would be working out of the kindness of their heart and love of the project. I have made these kinds of films before and got them done for about 500 without the camera so I could do it under 1000 with it. All prices are in US Dollars. Good Luck
-
April 6th, 2001, 08:26 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Thanks Nigel: who does Processing of K40 for that price? As long as we are in fantacy mode is there any feature films that were shot 100% with super 8 somthing that went direct to video?
-
April 6th, 2001, 08:43 PM
#13
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tripplezero:
Thanks Nigel: who does Processing of K40 for that price? As long as we are in fantacy mode is there any feature films that were shot 100% with super 8 somthing that went direct to video? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Walmart processes for 4.88 per cartridge, Sams processes for (correct me if I'm wrong, somebody) 4.38 per cartridge. All of the info is posted here somewhere - I believe even Target processes, for 5.88 per cartridge. It's **supposed** to be a two week return.
-
April 6th, 2001, 09:12 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I just droped off a few rolls at Target here in LA CA usa $6.99 each I will post agin when they come back. BTW Target has minidisc
recorder from sony for $169.99 and a
Digital8 camcorder for $599.99.
-
April 6th, 2001, 11:18 PM
#15
HB Forum Moderator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tripplezero:
Thanks Nigel: who does Processing of K40 for that price? As long as we are in fantacy mode is there any feature films that were shot 100% with super 8 somthing that went direct to video? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There have been many films.
One guy who shall remain nameless for now
even had his movie air on USA channel.
But now he hates Super-8 and claims it ruined his career...which he may never have had in the first place had he not made "A polish Vampire in Burbank" in Super-8.
Go figure.
Pro 8mm probably has some kind of list.
-Alex
-
April 7th, 2001, 12:30 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I've been a lurker here for quite a while... nice board. I've been shooting Super8 for just about 20 years.
Some of the other Super8 films that went directly to video were:
Curse Of The Queerwolf --again by Pirro
Killer --was on Showtime
Game of Survival --pretty bad, but the filmmaker made about $200,000 over a 3 year period.
Bleak Future --http://www.anarchy101.com
The Dead Next Door --no info
There was also a guy in Germany who made a couple of Super8 films to video-- horror films about necrophilia.
There was actually a Super8 film that was blown up to 35mm and shown in theatres in the late 70's but I can't remember the name... it was about a group of kids who had to stay overnight in a haunted house.
-
April 8th, 2001, 02:32 AM
#17
HB Forum Moderator
An actors criteria for choosing a movie, according to me.
1. Competency of the Director & Producer
2. Competent Location Sound Recording
3. Competent Lighting & Cinematography
4. Script & Writer
5. Quality Foley and Music Track
6. Co-Actors
7. Wardrobe & Set Design
8. Media format
9. Shoot Schedule
10. Budget
11. Crafts Services
-Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited April 08, 2001).]
-
April 8th, 2001, 03:28 AM
#18
HB Forum Moderator
Bringing back memories.
I know "Games of Survival" DP, he's now a DP for a national TV Show.
The Dead Next Door, I saw clips from that movie, knew of one the guys who was involved.
And I witnessed "Nudist Colony of the Dead"...a comedy horror musical...be made, by you know who, I don't know if it ever got a true release.
Most of these films revolved around Super-8 Sound in one manner or another.
-Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited April 08, 2001).]
-
April 8th, 2001, 03:53 AM
#19
Inactive Member
I just have to say taht if the actor won't act because of the format of the project, then you don't want that actor.
-
April 8th, 2001, 07:34 PM
#20
Inactive Member
roxics: why not? you're probably not going to pay your actor, so if you want a professional one, you'd better offer something. this said, what do you think is worth more in an actors resume or reel? a "video" or a "film"? if you don't understand and respect that, chances are you're not a very good movie producer. ;-)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks